From the award winning traveling blog Land Lopers for the Celebrity Travel Addicts Q&A Matthew Long is interviewed by us. Read about his adventurous journeys to the South Pacific from Antarctica and even beyond! Also have a look at his must do list for Washington D.C.
How did your passion for traveling get started?
For as long as I can recall I’ve always been obsessed with cultures and other nations and seeing them person has ever been my aim in life.
Just how many days/weeks are you traveling in any given calendar year? Which are the kinds of places would you like to visit?
I attempt to keep it somewhere but naturally which changes. I’m always pleased to visit with however there are also a lot. Trips which are to reach areas will be the most fun.
What is it that you want viewers to get / learn by your site?
I started my own site in part because I understood like I was/am that other people were obsessive about traveling and I wished to share my own adventures to inspire them to find the entire world. That my top want, to inspire people to escape the house and to the world.
Paris has always been my city but I also love visiting Germany, Australia and South Africa.
Give us a’Top 5′ list for one of these destinations, like a mini-guide or even to-do listing of types.
How many nations have you visited so far?
1. Be sure to stay at the quietly elegant Four Seasons Washington. Located in Georgetown, it gives you the very best of the locality but is near enough to walk into downtown DC.
2. DC is currently undergoing a foodie revolution but my foodie area is Barracks Row, home to great restaurants.
3. Everybody knows about the Smithsonian Institution Museums that are wonderful, but make sure you spend a day exploring the Newseum. This museum details the history of this press and media and it’s so important to a democracy.
4. The best Smithsonian Museum (in my view ) is not actually in Washington, but rather is situated adjacent to Dulles International Airport. The extension of this Air & Space museum houses the oversized aircraft that won’t fit anywhere else all. From a distance shuttle into the first jet, it’s a fascinating place to visit if you love aviation.
5. To see a different facet of DC, make sure you bring a Potomac vessel cruise. Sure, it’s touristy but you’ll see the monuments as well as other sights that are key .
Your top three favourite restaurants?
75 or so
Favorite restaurant in the world?
Jordan, Spain and Germany
Your favourite traveling picture?
Le Relais de Venise L’Entrecôte in Paris
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
City with the most friendly people?
Your favorite traveling companion?
Finest way you kill time?
Me, myself and I
What’s the most exotic location you have been taken by your livelihood?
Binge watch TV shows/movies
Your very best piece of traveling suggestions for somebody who’s about to set out on a lifetime of traveling?
Antarctica, extreme Outback of Australia, South Pacific, etc..
What are 4 things you may never travel without?
Be positive but realistic and follow your passions.
What’s your dream destination?
Eye shades, ear plugs, camera and a phone.
Your favourite traveling quotation?
I’ve been blessed to realize lots of them. But see India in man, take a look at the North Pole and eventually I’d like to see more of those South Pacific.
Where to next?
Bizarre travel programs are dancing lessons from God. -Kurt Vonnegut
Colombia, Alberta, Ireland, Germany and more.
An experiential luxury traveler in mind, Matt Long shares his adventures with thousands of readers every day through his award winning site LandLopers.com. As the globe to be able travels what to see and to experience the very best the world has to offer you. According to Washington, DC, Matt is to all 7 continents and over 70 nations. Be sure to follow his adventures on: Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram.